To suggest a book, movie, or TV show to be reviewed please comment below on our post titled Suggestions

Wednesday, May 24, 2017

A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas

A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3)
THIS BOOK. THIS FREAKING BOOK! It has taken at least twenty years off my life in the last 100 pages alone! It lures you in with Feyre being a total bamf in the beginning and then crushes your very soul and cause much ugly crying! So basically this book was amazing.

Like I said above, the book starts out with Feyre back at the Spring Court, and she's there to fuck stuff up and drink tea, and she just finished her tea... So Feyre is spying on the Spring Court who has allied with Pythian's sworn enemy Hybern. The king is like really super evil™, and has sent some emissaries to the Spring Court to figure out the best way to invade the human lands so the fae can enslave them once again. Feyre must pretend to be the swooning damsel in distress she was before Under The Mountain, all the while tying to find away to save the human world from their own Queens' folly of allying with Hybern.

This book was so good, my second favorite in the series. I loved the first book, but the slow burn romance in the second one was the best thing ever so it's the best in the series. This book also redeems Tamlin a bit, he's still a jerk, but Feyre is able to forgive him in the end, after she completely crushes him in the beginning. It also shows just why Rhys and Feyre are soulmates. I recently re-read the whole series because of this book's release, and I looked at my old review of the first book. I said how I would be upset if Feyre ended up with Rhys because it took true love to break the curse on Tamlin, because it was Feyre's love of Tamlin and his people that helped her to face the horrors and trials Under The Mountain, and while that is true, it doesn't mean that that love was forever. Feyre and Tamlin could not reconcile who they each had become after the events of the first book, their needs had changed after that and it left scars. While I do think their feelings we genuine in the first book, I also recognize that with Rhys everything he does is to make sure Feyre has a choice and plays and active role in her own life. Which is so important after she had that taken from her first by Amaranth, and then by Tamlin.

This book was so very good, and I'm sad it's over because I want more. I am excited since Sarah J. Maas is writing more for this series, thought not about the same characters apparently. Which makes me sad, but I realize that Rhys and Feyre's story is over, but still I love them so much I want to know so much more about their lives. Maybe the next books will focus on Feyre's sisters? One can only hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment